Code of Conduct
Roundstone University is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Applicability and Scope
This code of conduct applies to all of this community’s spaces, including public channels, private channels and direct messages, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the administrators.
Creating a Safe and Supportive Environment
We hope to create an environment in which diverse individuals can collaborate and interact in a positive and affirming way. Examples of behavior that contribute to creating this sort of environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Focusing on what is best for the overall community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Understand that the primary purpose of this platform is not to recruit any other members of this community
- Treat all users and colleagues fairly and equally. Stimulate conversation, be respectful of others’ views, and refrain from personal attacks.
- Respect legitimate intellectual property rights, do not plagiarize work, and give credit to the originators of ideas.
- Don’t share the posts of others without permission.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material is strictly prohibited.
- Discriminatory, hostile or intimidating messages or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- Don’t publicly post commercial messages.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all members to see. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect all community members.
If you are being harassed by a member of our community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the administrators via email@example.com. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will not be involved in handling or resolving the incident.
The admin team will respond to any complaint as promptly as possible we can.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community and identification of the participant as a harasser to other members.
Roundstone University is committed to respect the privacy of our members and of visitors to our site. We do not sell, rent, or share any personally identifiable information shared by visitors or our membership mailing list. To learn more, please visit https://roundstoneuniversity.org/privacy-policy.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without permission. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that they own the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Roundstone University and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Roundstone University provides communication tools as a service for its members. Roundstone University is not responsible for opinions and information posted on this site. Roundstone University does monitor but does not moderate postings on this site, but if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Roundstone University, Roundstone University reserves the right to take appropriate action, including, without limitation, terminating access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Limitations of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, Roundstone Management, Ltd, Roundstone Insurance, Ltd. and Roundstone University (together “Roundstone”) (a) disclaim all implied warranties and representations (e.g. warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data, and noninfringement); (b) do not guarantee that the communications tools will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide the communication tools (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the extent permitted under law (and unless Roundstone has entered into a separate written agreement that overrides this contract), Roundstone shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits, or revenues, related to the communications tools (e.g., offensive or defamatory statements, downtime or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content). In no event shall the liability of Roundstone exceed, in the aggregate for all claims, $1000. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between you and Roundstone and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract, law) and even if Roundstone has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
On the Roundstone University platform, by clicking the “accept” button you agree that your name will appear on our member directory. If you would like your name hidden, please visit Profile Settings.